Estate Trust Litigation
Challenges To Wills And Executors / Estate Trustees in Ontario
At Sweatman Law Firm, we specialize in all types of estate and trust litigation, including challenges to a will or executor/estate trustee, guardianship applications, dependant support, power of attorney disputes and passing of accounts. We are also experienced in charity and not-for-profit litigation. Our law firm acts for charitable organizations in the defence of charitable bequests and other matters.
Offering a Variety of Estate and Trust Litigation Services
- Advisor Executors/ Estate Trustees, Trustees, Beneficiaries and Family Members
- Challenging or Defending Wills and Executors
- Problems with Powers of Attorney
- Removing an Estate Trustee, Executor or Attorney
- Will Interpretation
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty Actions
- Passing of Accounts
- Making and Defending Dependant Support Applications under the Succession Law Reform
- Powers of Attorney and Incapacity Disputes
- Appointment or Removal of Guardians Under the Substitute Decisions Act, 1992
- Prosecuting and Defending Equalization Claims under the Family Law Act
- Trust Variation
- Equitable Claims (Quantum Meruit, Constructive Trust)
- Joint Account Litigation
Resolving Probate Disputes in Halton Region
In addition to conducting and defending litigation, we also utilize alternative dispute resolution techniques such as mediation, which can be valuable, efficient, and effective alternatives to court.
Incapacity and Elder Law Disputes
The number of elderly citizens in our society is growing rapidly, increasing age-related problems and capacity questions; this leads to an increase in the amount of litigation involving capacity, powers of attorney, and the validity of wills. Whether you are a beneficiary, executor/estate trustee, an attorney acting under a power of attorney, or an affected individual, competent and qualified legal representation is essential. Sweatman Law Firm can act for you.
Offering Custom, Strategic Legal Solutions
When you come to Sweatman Law to discuss your legal issue, you will speak with a lawyer who understands the issues you are dealing with and who knows the applicable law and legal concepts. We listen closely as you discuss your legal matter. Then our estate law lawyers will then craft a solution that helps you achieve your goals as quickly and efficiently as possible. You will have confidence, knowing that an experienced team of professionals is working hard for you.